Increasing Member Flexibility
What we are doing
- Our members worked together to develop a more flexible contract structure so they can self-supply more power than ever before.
- We’re making it more affordable for members that choose to self-generate to take advantage of
Progress so far
- Developed policies to implement the partial requirements membership that the board approved, which creates the option for interested members to self-supply up to 50% of their loads, collectively up to 300MW.
- Host the partial requirements open season, during which members may indicate the portion of the 300MW they wish to self-supply.
- Partner with an energy services provider to make local renewables easier and more affordable to build.
For nearly 20 years, our members have had the option to self-generate up to 5% of the power they use. In addition, our members can develop community solar projects totaling up to 4,600,000 kilowatt-hours, or 2% of their purchases from us, whichever is lower. This year, our board made additional changes to their contracts to expand member flexibility and self-supply options even more.
To learn more about how we are increasing member flexibility download our Responsible Energy Plan.